Stangeland Glassfiber Produkter is celebrating its 20th anniversary and on September 4 moved into brand new premises of 1000 m² at Klepp Station. For the first time, everyone is gathered under the same roof.
In Bedriftsvegen 28 there will be offices, workshops and a large outdoor warehouse. The area is three times larger than the old premises and the plot is 5.5 acres. Despite of the ongoing pandemic, Project Manager Magnar Stangeland is not afraid of investing.
Project Manager Magnar Stangeland.
– We have been and still are lucky in these corona times. It looks like the high demand we have had recently seems to continue, he says with satisfaction. – We have been and still are lucky in these corona times. It looks like the high demand we have had recently seems to continue, he says with satisfaction.
From three premises to one
During September the warehouse at Orstad will be transferred to the new premises. Then the workshop and the outdoor warehouse at Foss Eikeland will follow. The office is already in place at the second floor in the new building.
– The administration moved in first to get everything in place and ready for the others to arrive.
The workshop consists of three halls. The yellow mezzanine loft was made by Stangeland Glassfiber itself.
2020 has been an exciting year for Glassfiber Produkter. In connection with the anniversary the company has completed a rebranding – a new logo, company profile and website. Elling Stangeland established the company in 2000. At that time he worked for Enwa.
Managing Director Elling Stangeland.
– I realized that the demand of fiberglass was increasing. The managing director of Enwa back then, gave me the possibilty to work for them 50% so I could spend the rest of my time on fiberglass, Elling says.
For 15 years Stangeland Glassfiber Produkter has had two employees. Today the number is eight.
– The company has developed a lot in the last five years. Magnar started here in 2014 and made some important changes, one of them was the move of the warehouse from Dusavik closer to Klepp.
Increased demand and unique expertise
Stangeland Glassfiber Produkter has a unique position in Norway within fiberglass. We need to go to Denmark to find the nearest competitor. Recently the company has noticed an increase in demand and has therefore invested 2 Mill. NOK in a new 5-axis CNC machine.
– We do not need to drill by hand. The new machine is more efficient, faster and more accurate.
The company supply most of the products to the Oil & Gas, fish farming, railways, industry and public sectors. Recently two large composite bridges of 23 meters was built and delivered to a fish farm.
The footbridges are ready for delivery.
– It was a very successful project and the longest bridge we have ever built. Fiberglass rebar is an alternative to steel and is easy to process. Fiberglass has a high load compared to weight, and is corrosion free. You also have to cut in galvanized steel, unlike fiberglass.
ABOUT STANGELAND GLASSFIBER PRODUKTER
Stangeland Glassfiber Produkter AS was established in 2000 with the aim of marketing and selling composite materials to the Norwegian Oil and Gas Industry. The largest markets are the Oil & Gas, fish farming, industry and transport sector.