Dump caisson for seawater including steel support structure has been designed, fabricated and delivered to Alvheim field development project in 2006.
Dump caisson has an internal diameter of 1200 mm, a total length of 20 m and is manufactures from glass fibre reinforced epoxy.
The total column weight, including steel support structure, is 6,54 tons. The Installation was done by a single point lift operation from the column blind flange top with the 450mm seawater inlet pipe spool installed.
- Pipe Material: Glass fibre reinforced epoxy (GRE)
- Diameter: 1200 mm
- Total Length: 20 m
- Design pressure: 0 bar, atmospheric
- Pipe series: CST 8
- Electrical properties: Conductive
- Connecting nozzles: 450 mm + 200 mm (vent) + 150 mm + 80 mm (drain)
- Design temperature: -6°C – 60°C
- Operating temperature: -4,9°C – 40°C
- Total weight column: 2,15 tons
- Total weight column inc. Structure: 6,54 tons
- Design life span: 20 years
Project scope: Design, structural calculations, fabrication, electronic measurements, lifting analysis and installation procedure.
Read more about our GRE Pipe system from Future Pipe Industries here.